Lucas Industries a PCM INNOVATION COMPANY, is a growing manufacturing enterprise specializing in precision aerospace tooling seeking an Estimator who is self-driven, motivated, and reliable. The ideal candidate is capable of completing complex estimates on time, and with a high degree of accuracy.
The Estimator position requires a self-motivated person with an exceptional working relationship with project leads, sales, manufacturing and customers and will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Create detailed cost estimates by analyzing proposals, specifications, drawings and requirements to determine the scope of work.
- Review requirements for critical schedule and sequences, non-standard work conditions, cost impacts, material and equipment data, safety and compliance requirements, risk management and special requirements.
- Identify customer needs and develop effective solutions while working effectively in a team environment.
- 2 years estimating experience is preferred; however, willing to train the right individual
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and SolidWorks and Catia is a plus
- Must be results oriented and drive continuous improvement
- Complete attention to detail for accurate completion of quotes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and recommend solutions
- Understand general machine shop procedures and the types of tooling required for specific applications
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking
- Mathematical reasoning
- Personal Ownership
- Complex Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task
- High School, GED or Vocational School required, college degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years production manufacturing experience is recommended
- Ability to read and work from blueprints in 2D and 3D
- Proficient mathematical skills with the ability to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
Lucas Industries a PCM INNOVATION COMPANY is a precision manufacturer with over 35 years’ experience in the Aerospace/Military industries. We offer competitive wages, 100% paid health insurance, 401K, paid holidays and vacation time.
If you are interested in possible employment opportunities at LUCAS INDUSTRIES a PCM INNOVATION COMPANY, we encourage qualified applicants to apply in person, fax, mail or fill out our employment application and submit it to the email below.